Friday, February 6, 2015

Highlight Reel: Common Sights

I’ve been sitting on this unfinished draft for a few weeks now and once again I am forced to finish and publish because I have found myself knee-deep in pictures and blog post ideas I need to write before I become even more overwhelmed. And take a deep breath… So, after weeks of silence here it goes.

~~

Life with two babies is crazy and chaotic but there are a few sights in our home that are common to see. One of the most common sights is Reid in his car seat with a bottle propped up. I discovered this trick when Dustin was away on one of his work trips and both boys were having meltdowns. Reid was easily satisfied which left me able to care for Everett who needed a bit more attention. This is my go to quite often and as I mentioned before is the only way he’ll fall asleep without being held.

Reid


He really does love his car seat. If he isn’t in it eating or sleeping, he is in it to watch his family or a show. I used to be very opposed to my babies watching TV all the time but now that I have two I have quickly realized that sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get things done. I still try to keep it to a minimum but it’s definitely on more frequently now.

Reid

Another pretty common sight is Reid on the floor. When Everett was a baby I held him all the time and I feel like the result was that it took awhile for him to learn to get around. I don’t even remember him ever rolling over, he usually stayed in one place or cried to be picked up. Because of this we were determined to handle Reid differently and he enjoys it much more than Everett did.

Reid
Reid

And now this little guy is officially rolling over! Not only that but the other day he scooted on his back across the Living Room floor. The play plate on the right is where he began, he ended up rolling over on to his stomach in the end. He’s becoming quite the little mover! This also was apparent when I tried putting him in his crib one day. After hearing him cry for a few minutes I went in to check on him, he had scooted up his crib and rolled over landing in his stuffed animals. I took them out and tried again only to have to go back in his room to discover that he had rolled over and was now stuck against the side of his crib. After that I gave up.

Reid

And if he’s not moving on the floor he’s jumping and bouncing like a wild man in his bouncer.

Reid Reid
Reid

He’s a little brave brother for sure!

Reid

A sight of Everett usually involves watching him do something or holding something else. One of his favorite things is his toothbrush and toothpaste. But don’t let that fool you, actually brushing his teeth is his least favorite thing.

Everett

He also often playing his drums,

Everett
with his sword, in his brother’s bouncer ort trying to get the both of best worlds.

Everett

He is also my little helper. Whenever it’s cleaning day he loves to help me.

Everett

The other day Everett had gone into his room to play, it had been quiet for a little bit so I went in to check on him. I found him on his brown chair fast asleep. It was so sweet!

Everett

One of the most common sights is the 5:00 meltdown. I don’t know what it is but I can almost bank on things getting crazy around this time. It might have something to do with the fact that this is usually when I start making dinner and it’s almost as if when my kids know they can’t have me in that moment that they aren’t sure what to do with themselves. They are both clingy and fussy at this time. Dustin isn’t usually available for them either. Dustin works on our church website and creates graphics for various people as they are needed. We have agreed that when he arrives home from work that he has an hour or so to work on this. It’s an agreement that we both agreed on and makes us both happy. It is during a rough hour but it is actually the lesser of two evils because when he is done and dinner is over we know he is “all ours” for the rest of the evening. And he now has the time to do something he enjoys. So with that being said, I have discovered that if I put Reid in his car seat on the counter and Everett in the high chair where they both are able to be with me and see what I am doing they are somewhat appeased. I have to move fast but it sort of works. And a kid’s TV show is almost always on in the background to help distract.
 Everett & Reid

But my most favorite common sight of all is my two baby boys loving one each other. Though at this stage it is more Everett loving on Reid it’s still sweet just the same.

Everett & Reid
Everett & Reid

One of the best parts of having two children is watching them lovingly interact with each other. Nothing melts a Mama’s heart more than that.

Everett & Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...