Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Catch Up Post Part I - Everett

Remember that last post where I was hyperventilating about being behind on posting? Well, this is the reason why. After saving all forty-two pictures I felt were blog worthy I realized I had a lot of memories I needed to blog about and the easiest way was to spread it out into three separate posts, a post for Everett, a post for Reid and a post about the family. Most of these pictures were taken on my phone and have already been on Instagram but I’m sharing them here for record keeping sake. This particular post is about Everett.

~~~

Everett

Everett is as usual is a very, very busy little boy. Who is very curious. And who loves sticks. And so this little boy was in heaven when we visited Grandma’s house and he discovered her craft room was full of sticks. He found all five of her yardsticks which were, of course, carried around her house and he also found her rolls of paper. And so this day was full of joy for him.

Everett

Another thing that brought him joy at Grandma’s house was when we went upstairs to take a bath and I allowed him to climb the stairs by himself. He laughed and talked the whole way, stopping to look back at me to make sure I was really letting him do this. At our home he isn’t able to climb the stairs very often and so when he is able to he is very excited. Grandma and Papa’s dog, Peanut, also excited him. He loved petting her and he would pick dog food out of the dog’s food dish and try feeding her which we had to stop because Peanut wasn’t a fan. The cutest thing though was when he watched Peanut drink out of her water dish and after she walked away he bent down and tried to lap out of her dish as well! Luckily we stopped him before he could. Definitely gave us quite the laugh though. Another cute event was when Everett watched my mom start her washing machine and dryer. Ours is downstairs and out of sight so he doesn’t see it but what really intrigued him was that he could see the clothes spinning around and around. Because of the noise, at first he wanted someone to go in with him to watch but eventually he gained the courage to go in on his own to watch the show.

Everett

Later on when we got home I realized that at some point he had taken my iPad and was taking selfies. This is only one of the many I found. He’s a modern day kid for sure!

Everett

But back to the sticks. He has two new favorites, one is the broomstick. He doesn’t do anything with it other than carry it around the house. There was one time when he accidently knocked a picture off of the wall but other than that he has done little damage, he seems content with just carrying it so I let him.

Everett

His other favorite is the silverware basket from the dishwasher. He loves to carry the basket around and once he finds the perfect spot, usually the coffee table, he will unload and reload the silverware.

Everett

This keeps him entertained for quite some time!

Everett

He definitely has love for discovering all sorts of “sticks” and obviously, this often leads him to kitchen. His favorite drawer is the one which houses the long spoons, spatulas and ladles. And one time he found a bottle brush which he creatively used as a drumstick to replace the one which was missing. This boy loves drums. The other day when I was checking out at the grocery store I looked back to see that Everett had grabbed two candy bars and was singing and playing drums on the grocery cart. His creativity in finding drumsticks will never cease to amaze me!

Everett

And if he is not holding drumsticks, silverware, play or real, he is toting around his toothbrush and toothpaste. Despite his love for holding and chewing on it, he hates his teeth being brushed. For the most part he does well, until we brush the front of his teeth which ends up in a meltdown. So we do the best we can.

Everett

One favorite item he discovered was a book that Dustin made to propose to me. He had actually climbed over the couch and gone over to a bookshelf which he is not supposed to touch. But when I saw him pick up the album and look at it I decided to sit him down and let him see it. He liked looking through the pictures for about ten seconds and then he was off to find something else. But those ten seconds were special and it was pretty surreal watching my son looking at the album that helped start it all.

Everett

So yes, this boy is always on the go. It’s hard to keep him still because he is always so busy discovering.

Everett

But even active little boys do slow down. This picture is one of my favorites. We had gone for a car ride just to get out of the house and Everett had wanted his drink. After a little bit I looked back to see that he had fallen asleep with his cup hanging from his mouth between his teeth and his hands in his lap. Even when he falls asleep he is doing something!

Everett

But as busy as he is, he is also very lovable and loves to snuggle. He gives real kisses now and one of my favorite things is when, unprompted, he comes and kisses my cheek or when he comes and sits on my lap and wants me to hold him close. I love that my on-the-go boy is not too on-the-go to snuggle and love on his mom.

Karissa & Everett

This little boy most definitely keeps us on our toes but he also keeps us very entertained!

Everett

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...