Thursday, November 13, 2014

Insta Post: Blog on the Go

It’s been pretty obvious that I haven’t been the best at updating this blog but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been taking pictures. Instagram has become my blog on the go, a quick and easy way to share pictures of the boys and update family and friends. But I do want our blog to be the place where our memories are stored so from time to time I’ll do an “Insta post” of my favorite Instagram shots. Here are a few of my recent favorites.

Dustin went on a second work trip to Utah. Originally scheduled for twelve days we were very excited when they finished sooner then they had planned and he was able to come home two days early! Though this trip was a little easier than the last one it still was hard being away from each other. This picture was taken the night Dustin came home. Though our intent was to get a cute, loving picture of the four of us this one best represents our family life right now. This is our reality! Despite the chaos the boys and I are very excited to have our husband and dad back again. As it stands now he’ll be home for two or three months before he has to leave again.

Family


This picture was taken after Daylight Savings Time which is a cruelty to all parents. Everett is now ready to go to bed an hour earlier which is normally fine, except on church nights, but he is now up an hour earlier. Reid has been all over the place anyway so it hasn’t affected him too much. He actually has been sleeping great lately. He sleeps almost all night now, not waking up until 4 or 4:30. Sometimes he’ll sleep as late as 6 and a rough night means he is awake at 3 or so. Hopefully this continues to progress! Once he is more consistent he’ll move from the bassinet in Dustin and I’s room to the crib in his room.

Everett & Reid

This is Everett’s new little face he makes. He used to make it all the time, it’s a little less frequent now but every now and then he’ll give this little squint. I love it!

Everett

Another thing I love, my handsome little boys all dressed up. Nothing cuter than a baby boy wearing a mini tie.

Everett
Everett
Reid
Dustin, Everett & Reid

Everett and I have a lot of fun together. One of the great things about little kids is you can act completely crazy with them and they love it. They’ll even ask you to do it again. When it’s just the boys and I at home I am happy to oblige. This little boy makes me laugh and I am looking forward to when Reid can join in on the fun!

Karissa & Everett

Reid is getting older and is starting to interact a little more. He coos, smiles and sort of laughs now. I love when we’re able to capture those moments.

Reid
Reid

These two are growing fast and as they grow their relationship changes. It’s fun to watch but not gonna lie, it stresses me out sometimes. Everett is still learning to be gentle, he does well but we’ve had a few interesting moments.

Everett & Reid
Everett & Reid
Everett & Reid
Everett & Reid
Everett & Reid

Besides “helping” me with his brother Everett also likes to “help” around the house. He unloads the dishwasher…

Everett

and puts his toys away.

Everett's toy

Granted, he unloads the dishwasher as I am loading it and puts his toys away in the wrong places but it’s a start. Also, my tupperware drawer is “organized” thanks to Everett. Just saying.

Anyway, knowing this he does actually help me now when I clean. His job is to dust and he is very thorough in making sure that one little spot is very, very dust free. ;-)

Everett

Everett loves his cousins especially Dallas who is his buddy. They have a blast together and are fun to watch.

Dallas, Everett & Sadie

But best of all, he loves his new little brother too.

Everett & Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...