Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Family of Four

As you can imagine the Kramer household has been a little busy lately as we welcomed the fourth member of our family two weeks ago today. We've been adjusting to the newness of it all and getting to know Reid and his personality. Despite the chaos it's time to jump back in the blogger saddle again before time slips away from me and I lose sight of my goal!

The day we came home from the hospital was interesting. Everett was still very unhappy with us when we picked him up and there were tears from both of us as we headed home. Tears on his part because he did not want to be with those who "betrayed" him and on my part because I felt my baby would no longer love me. Once we arrived home though we were able to have a moment and after much snuggling, playing and showing him attention he slowly was our happy little boy again. Not that he wasn't happy at Mimi & Papa's house. He very much enjoyed his time with them and we are grateful that he was shown the love and attention we couldn't give him at the time, especially when his little world was turned upside down and he needed it.

Everett

Everett

We definitely missed this little stinker and were so happy to be reunited with him! That being said we were also very happy to finally have Reid in the world. He was born two days shy of his due date and we felt we had waited long enough to meet him!

Reid
Reid

Reid is a very sweet baby. He loves to snuggle and be held, at first I thought he was a fan of his swing but it turns out he loves his boppy pillow the best. His ideal location though is in someone’s arms. He also loves to eat and keeps us guessing with how much he’ll eat at each feeding. He eats anywhere from two to four ounces and will slowly eat until he is satisfied. This means giving him a bottle can take ten minutes or it can take up to an hour. Little Man is definitely a grazer. He is a fairly good sleeper and as long as his tummy his full will sleep up to four hours. This means night time could mean a great night of sleep or not so great. He is an unpredictable little guy and keeps us guessing. He is such a sweetheart though and if I could I would sit and hold him and stare at him for hours. He makes the cutest little faces and smiles often. I know they are not “real” but they are still the cutest none the less!

Reid

I mentioned before that Everett wasn’t showing much interest in Reid but each day he has shown more and more. We’ve had moments of jealousy but overall he is very sweet to him. He can be a little rough unintentionally but he is quickly learning what it means to be gentle. He has also tried to help by giving Reid his pacifier. He also has given him his bottle but changes his mind when he sees Reid with it and tries to take it back. He hasn’t quite learned that he is a big boy now and no longer takes a bottle but has a sippy cup instead. He does pretty well though when we remind him. My favorite thing is when he smiles really big as he touches his brother’s hand or foot. He also will let out a loud shriek of excitement which while adorable scares poor Reid and makes him jump. Everett also will kiss the baby and does so with a big smile followed by an “awww”. It’s definitely adorable.

Everett & Reid
Everett & Reid
Everett & Reid

These two make my heart melt and I so look forward to watching their relationship grow as they grow. I know they will be partners in crime and keep Dustin and I very busy. Everett is already a very active little guy and if Reid follows in his footsteps it will be interesting trying to keep up with them!

Everett & Reid

Adjusting to being a family of four, while it’s had its moments, hasn’t been as bad as we thought. Personally, I’m relieved but I think this has to do with the fact that I overdramatized what I thought it would be like. We’re getting less sleep, have less down time, are home more and keeping busy as there is always something to do but it’s been good. We love being with both of the boys, they put a smiles on our faces and keep us laughing but not going to lie, naptime makes us pretty happy too.

Everett
DSC04739

This past Sunday we also went to church for the first time with Reid. It was wild getting four ready and out the door but we did it. I’m very thankful that my parents are able to sit with me, they were a big help with helping me with both of the boys during service. Since Dustin plays the music I now need a helping hand and they were great!

DSC04770
Kramer Family

It’s hard to believe that we are a family of four now! In the words of Dustin “how did we get to this point?”

Everett
DSC04734

I know this is a long post but this has been our life for the past two weeks. Busy with a lot going on but we’re happy and loving our life with our two boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...