Thursday, May 9, 2013

Throw Back Thursday

A friend of ours, who was the Sunday School Director when we were younger, gave us these old pictures. They were taken during a Mother's Day presentation at our church years ago. I love these old pictures from when we were little. I wouldn't trade "growing up in church" for anything in this world. These old pictures bring back great memories of discovering secret places in the church building, sitting on the front pew with friends and worshipping, competitions for learning Bible verses and so much more. The best part of it, though I am only now starting to appreciate it as I get older, is the sense of love and family. Many of the people who still attend our church watched us grow up, I firmly believe that it was also their support, wisdom and prayers that helped guide us. They have invested in us through their teaching, prayers and fasting. I am excited about being able to create the same memories for our children and thankful that they will have the same support and love that Dustin and I felt growing up and still feel now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...